Search This Blog

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Susan's 60th birthday party! I am truly blessed


Cousin Susan's 60th birthday was yesterday.  She couldn't make it to the birthday bash we had for her (she lives in Texas and was celebrating with family there) but that didn't prevent us from having a party! 

Pat made Susan's favorite cake (homemade German Chocolate) and Mary Ann made her famous assortment of yummy cookies and gooey brownies. We ate like kings...or is that queens?  

We called Cousin Susan when the party started but she didn't answer her phone. What?  After leaving a couple messages on her voice mail, she called back just in time for us to sing "Happy Birthday" to her over the phone!  

Happy 60th Birthday, Cuz!  We love you bunches!  

homemade German Chocolate cake Pat made for Susan's BD party! 


some of  Mary Ann's famous cookies 


some of the brownies Mary Ann made for Susan's birthday bash. 


These red roses were waiting for me in my office when I returned from lunch Friday.  I brought them to the shop to share with everyone during our birthday bash!   I wonder if these are from Sweetness??? 




Cousin Susan gave me a sock monkey for my birthday.  She felt sorry for me after mentioning I'd never had one.  I decided to prop him up against the vase of roses so he could enjoy the party too!  

He didn't want any cake and spent the rest of the day taking it all in! 





Several birthday party attendees brought presents to celebrate my birthday (May 2nd). Although yesterday's party was for Cousin Susan's 60th birthday, I didn't turn away any gifts!!!!  

Vicki, Donna and Robin went above and beyond to make my birthday special.  I am truly blessed. 

"Thank You" to everyone who attended the party festivities yesterday.  It was a blast!  


table topper Vicki made using the "Twister" tool and Kansas Troubles fabrics!  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!   

"Bra and panties" Donna gave me for my birthday!  Removing the bows and stitching, these are actually three dishcloths!  How cute is that!  


Robin made this using a machine that cuts vinyl.  Wow!  Where will I hang it in the shop?  

I was so excited about yesterday's party, I almost forgot about the new stuff we got in this week:  the latest "Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks" magazine, seven new batiks and four different Moda solids.  



the newest Quiltmaker's "100 Blocks magazine". 

four new "Summer Vacation" batiks by Moda.  The color names are Sunset, Ocean and Sand.  

"Summer Vacation" batik.  It looks like cotton candy to me!  

another "Summer Vacation" batik.  

"Summer Vacation" batik by Moda.  This one is called "Ocean" and is a LOT darker, deeper blue than my camera could pick up.    

"Eggplant" Bella Solid by Moda. The color is deeper than my camera picked up. 

Bella Solids by Moda (top to bottom): 1930's Yellow, Sunshine and Lemon.  


I wasn't the only person receiving presents yesterday! Before, during and after Susan's birthday party, some of our "Secret Sisters" stopped by for their surprises.  


Donna holding the ceramic cup and spoon given to her by her Secret Sister

Donna with her cup and a charm pack given to her by her Secret Sister.  

Sharon opens her gift of goodies left by her Secret Sister (her s/s made this bag). 

inside her bag were several nifty gifts for Sharon. 

a fat quarter was also inside Sharon's s/s gift! 


Not that long ago, a ball of fire walked into the shop. Her name is Sandy.  She is a beginning quilter and is doing a great job!  

Yesterday Sandy brought in the quilt she started 15 years ago and just recently finished.  

Great job, Sandy!  Keep up the good work!  


Sandy's quilt she started 15 years ago.  
Great job, Sandy! 

   
some of  our new batiks.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments here: