Search This Blog

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Pulled muscles are not fun

I was in the shop for several hours today--moving stuff around, trying to get ready for the shop hop, finding homes for all the new stuff.  I was getting a lot accomplished when it happened......

What I didn't realize, until I tried to pick something up off the floor, was that I'd pulled a muscle in my back.  This pulled muscle of mine went completely unnoticed as I was pulling and tugging on stuff, moving totes around and relocating stuff in the shop. 

When I waddled into the house, literally bent over at the waist, Nurse Sweetness prescribed three Motrin and 'go to bed'.  Oh joy!  I can't wait.  

It several attempts to finally find a comfortable sleeping position (due to the indescribable pain running down my back and into my legs).  It reminded me of the childhood song we used to sing, "the leg bone's connected to the thigh bone, the thigh bone's connected to the ....."  I don't remember the rest of that song.  It isn't as cute as I remembered it as I was impatiently waiting for the Motrin to do it's job.  

I can't calculate the sheer thrust it took for me to do the simplest thing like....roll over in bed--NASA Engineers would need to be called to make those exponential calculations.   It took a lot of effort and floundering around but I was finally able to turn over....with a lot of effort.  

The Motrin finally kicked in and I was able to sleep for a while.  

Needless to say, I'm not moving very fast and have gotten very little accomplished today...like posting pictures of the new stuff that arrived this week as well as yesterday's "Show and Tell". 

I'll post pictures when I can tolerate sitting in a chair for more than five minutes.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments here: