Search This Blog

Friday, March 22, 2013

(almost) every Saturday

P-DUB’S QUILT STUFF

12203 HWY 76

EXETER, MO 65647


March 22, 2013

NEW BUSINESS HOURS: EVERY (E-V-E-R-Y) Saturday (closed May 25th, August 31st and December 28th)

HOURS: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
First of all, we’d like to say “thank you” to everyone who participated in the "Scrappy Spring Shop Hop" last Friday and Saturday. Sweetness and I had a blast, hopefully you did too J J J Sweetness finished the cutting station about 10:30 p.m. Thursday night (It was a real nail biter). He had some problems along the way but did get it in place before the Shop Hop. It was so nice to have a real cutting table after all these years. Good job, Sweetness!
If you bought a “Strip Tube Ruler” during the Shop Hop but didn’t get the instructions for it, please let me know. Sweetness remembered to include the instructions sometime late Saturday afternoon. OOPS! If you didn't get yours....let me know.......I'll mail a set to you (I haven't decided on the appropriate corrective action to take for such a transgression. I'm thinking about a deduction from Sweetness' paycheck......).

My cousin, Susan, from Texas survived her first quilting lesson and very first Shop Hop! She went home Sunday morning loaded down with quilting supplies and a loaner sewing machine. She did a fine job on her first two projects. Way to go, Susan! Keep up the good work. (I personally think she's one of us now).
The Quilter's Bias Binding, Jelly Roll of the Month club, all the jelly rolls (and matching charm packs) were a big hit during the Shop Hop. I'm glad everyone liked the new jelly roll/charm pack display. Susan and my other cousin (Carol) worked on that for a while before it was as-seen in the shop. I quickly learned to stay out of their way. They definitely know what they're doing when it comes to organizing. I had charm packs, jelly rolls and bias binding everywhere until they stepped in (and thank goodness they did). Left to my own devices, it would have been a heap in the middle of the shop. Thanks for your help, Susan and Carol! Really. Thanks bunches! Love ya, cuz(s).
I got an email from Moda.........which is usually good news.........it was...........they were letting me know "Enchanted Pond" batik jelly rolls and charm packs shipped.  YIPPEE!!! These little bundles of joy arrived today.  We've never ordered batik pre-cuts before so, we're pretty excited. If you like these, we will expand our batik pre-cuts inventory. There are so many different batiks.....they're all pretty........and I love all of them (even the red ones). Since I have poor impulse control................I wonder if hypnosis help with poor impulse control????

Sweetness and I have made an Executive Decision: You asked us to be open more often than October to December and........we are. You've asked us to extend our summer hours and.......we are............so, we've decided to be open EVERY (E-V-E-R-Y) SATURDAY with the exception of May 25th, August 31st and December 28th for Memorial Day, Labor Day and Christmas weekends. We're adding more classes and getting some outside teachers to come in. Thank you for asking us to extend our hours. I hope that means you love our shop as much as we do. 
I'll keep everyone updated on the Shop Hop blocks and the number of quilts we'll be giving away.  I gave myself the deadline of June 1st to get them finished. 
See you (almost) every Saturday,  P-Dub and Sweetness

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments here: