Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Pheasant Hill has (almost) landed!


P-DUB’S QUILT STUFF
12203 HWY 76
EXETER, MO 65647
March 27, 2013
NEW BUSINESS HOURS: EVERY (E-V-E-R-Y) Saturday (closed May 25th, August 31st, December 28th).
HOURS: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
We received another email from Moda this week (that’s always good news). The shipment of “Pheasant Hill” fabric on the bolt (by Kansas Troubles) will be here tomorrow (the 28th)…….all 24 yummy, beautiful, luscious, scrumptious bolts. I can’t wait to get these in the shop. We ordered this line six months ago and it’s a month late getting here but, that’s o.k. It will be here tomorrow and that makes me VERY happy! YIPPEE! I’m doing the happy dance!
The “Enchanted Pond” batik jelly rolls and charm packs arrived last Friday. I had to pry my fingers off this stuff. It is SO yummy. I tried to put one of the jelly rolls back on the shelf when one of the little darlings literally jumped into my apron pocket. Imagine that! It really wanted to come home with me……but, I put it back on the shelf. I think I heard a whimper as I closed the shop that night (I’m not saying if it was the jelly roll……or me).
The Aurifil variegated thread was such a big hit, I’ve ordered more colors. They should be here any day but doubt they’ll be here by Saturday. Sorry!
The UPS man has already been here once this week. He brought April’s "Jelly Roll of the Month"; it’s called “Glamping”. If you’re a member of the “Jelly Roll of the Month club”, they’re here and ready to pick up.
Speaking of clubs, Sweetness and I have made another Executive Decision: drum roll please……….we’ve decided to expand our monthly clubs as follows:
1) The “Jelly Roll of the Month Club”: receive one Moda jelly roll each month and receive a 15% discount off that month’s jelly roll. This club has already started but you can join at any time.
2) The “Layer Cake of the Month” club: receive one Moda layer cake each month and receive 15% off that month’s layer cake.
3) The “Charm Pack of the Month” club: receive two (2) of the same Moda charm packs each month and receive 15% off that month’s charm packs.
4) The “Combo Club”: (the best deal): you’ll receive one Moda layer cake, one Moda jelly roll and one Moda charm pack from (hopefully) the same collection to receive 20% off that month’s Combo Club.
All clubs cost $5.00 to join (whether you join one club or all of them). The good news is you’ll get yummy new stuff every month in the sizes and shapes you've chosen.  If you’re already a member of the “Jelly Roll of the Month” club and want to upgrade (or add) another club, we can do that. No problem. Just so you know: all clubs will be cotton prints…….no batiks.
We’ve received a lot of Shop Hop blocks to be donated for the charity quilts. THANK YOU FOR YOUR GENEROSITY. Don’t forget: the deadline for returning the blocks is this Saturday, the 30th. If you donate your block, you’ll receive 25% off one cut of fabric on the bolt. If you decide to keep your block, you’ll receive 15% off one cut of regularly priced fabric (still a good deal).
I tried this once before and failed miserably. I’m a gluten for punishment so, I’m going to do it again……one more time………I’m going to do a demonstration of the “Double Slice Layer Cake quilt” at 2:00 p.m. this Saturday, the 30th. I’ve been ripping out (a.k.a. “un-sewing”) the one I started last Saturday and discovered IT WAS WRONG on Sunday afternoon. RATS! I’m all better now. This is a great way to use a layer cake to make a quilt. I love the outcome of this pattern. I can do this! I can………
Sweetness informed me I forgot something in last week’s newsletter. OOPS! I forgot to add December 28th as one of the days the shop will be closed. Sorry! I can do this! I can………
If you need something through the week, please call. Sweetness is here all the time. He'll be happy to let you in!
See you Saturday,
P-Dub and Sweetness

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments here: