Search This Blog

Monday, December 30, 2013

Sherryl, Kay, Vicki and Linda's projects (plus a hoot owl)

Sherryl, Kay, Vicki and Linda recently brought in the projects they've been working on.  Can you say, "pretty"??  Pretty fantastic!  

Sherryl D. made this quilt for a customer whose husband passed away using some of his old shirts and jeans.  The jeans are the center of the block, his shirts are the rest.  Sherryl not only made this quilt for her customer but quilted it as well.  

What a wonderful way for her customer to be surrounded by her husband every day.  


Look.  A quilt with feet!  


the back of the quilt Sherryl made for her customer.


Sherryl also brought in some mug rugs she's been making.  They will be donated through the quilt guild she belongs to for people who are home bound.  






someone made this case that holds crochet hooks. I originally thought Sherryl made it but she corrected me.  If you made this case, please let me know so I can correct my mistake!    






I saw this owl in our backyard yesterday morning. I'm not sure if it's the same owl I saw last fall but they look a lot alike!  








Kay brought in one of her Log Cabin blocks for us to look at. It wasn't coming out the way she wanted it to and wanted me to help her.  Do you see her boo-boo?? Yes, I have permission to post her boo-boo on the blog! 

                             


Vicki W. brought in two of the projects she's been working on.  This one is for a friend currently deployed in Afghanistan.  Vicki didn't want me to take the picture because, "it's not finished".  Like that's ever stopped me from taking a picture of something! 

She used "Old Glory Gatherings" fabric which is what we'll be using this Saturday to make "Quilts of Valor". Fabulous.  Can't wait to see this when it is "finished"!  






Linda D. brought in this top she made using the 10" Twister and part of a Kansas Troubles layer cake.  She also said, "it's not finished" but I still took the picture! 




If you've known me for more than five minutes, you know I love all things Kansas Troubles.  L-O-V-E.  

Vicki W. made this Log Cabin top out of Kansas Troubles fabrics from one of the "Quilt In a Day" books. Is it finished?  No.  Did I take a picture of it anyway?  Yes.  Fabulous!  
Look.  A quilt with legs!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments here: