Search This Blog

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Food fabrics, new books, patterns, "Petals", Oliso irons and Secret Sister stuff


I like to think I'm an organized person.  In reality, I could use some improvement!  I saw some nifty plastic containers by Creative Grids and had to have them!  

One is long and skinny (perfect for strips), the other is 6"x 6" square (great for charm pack pieces).  We now have both sizes....maybe these will help me get organized!  

plastic containers by Creative Grids
 Everyone knows we're over the moon about the "Strip Tube Ruler" by Daniela Stout.  We have the S.T.R., a bunch of patterns for it and almost all of the S.T.R. books. 

Now, Miss Daniela just released another book called "Sweet Tooth" to use with pre-cuts AND three of the patterns use the S.T.R.!  YIPPEE!!!   I can't wait to make something from her new book! 

If you're a fan of the "Scrap Crazy Templates", you'll love the new "Scrap Crazy 6" book by Karen Montgomery.   

This book is for the second set of templates (which should arrive this week).  I'm not sure why the book came in before the templates but that's what happened!  

When the templates get here, we'll have a book to use with them! 

Scrap Crazy 6 and Sweet Tooth books received this week.  



I love the Twister Tool.  You don't have to be a brain surgeon to use it and the end result is wonderful! 

Designers come up with different patterns using it and our newest pattern is no different.  

It's called "Twister Jack" by Need'l Love.  It uses one of the Twister Tools by Primitive Gatherings.....just in time for an early Halloween project??? 

Twister Jack pattern by Need'l Love 


Melba brought in a really nifty book last Saturday: "The Quilter's Album of Patchwork Patterns" by designer Jinny Beyer.  Because I have poor impulse control, I had to have this book!  

It has over 4,000 quilt blocks complete with color pictures, diagrams, full names and history for each block. Wow! I wonder how long it took to do all that research?  

This is a very heavy book.  Feel free to use it as a weapon if the Quilting Police show up!  We now have a copy of it in the shop!  




Santa Claus left the most wonderful iron for yours truly last Christmas (great job, Santa Claus!).    

After using it, I knew we had to have these wonderful irons in the shop.  We sold out of the yellow models at Cassville's quilt show and this model has been so popular, it's been back ordered for months.  

When the big brown truck came this week, inside one of the boxes was the big mac daddy iron....the yellow one.....Oliso's answer to never setting your iron upright again.  

Great job, Santa Claus.  Great job, UPS driver.  Great job, Oliso.  Well done! 

the big mac daddy Oliso iron!  

I love old soap labels.  I'm not sure why.  I don't try to understand it or figure it out.  It's part of who I am and I've come to accept it (without counseling or a 12 step program).    

I almost blew a gasket when I saw this print...of old soap labels....on fabric....that can be used for anything that pops into my brain...or your brain...or your friend's brain....or your quilting buddies's brain...or..... 

Anyway, I LOVE this print.  Old soap labels.  I don't have a pattern or book or template or Go! die or anything else to use with it.  It's just a bolt of old soap labels....I had to have it...it's here...thank goodness.  

Feel free to stop by and pet it when you're here the next time.  We'll let you!  Really.  I promise. 


a bolt of old soap labels.....YUMMY!  

I must have been hungry when I ordered these "food" prints...that arrived this week......just in time to make Dad a snappy apron for Father's Day.  

These are from the "Munchies" line by Timeless Treasures.  Is your stomach growling?  Mine must have been!  

breakfast sandwiches, fried chicken and grilled cheese sandwiches

onion rings, sodas and hamburgers, Oh my!   
 We also received new Moda precuts this week....."25th and Pine" by Basic Grey:  layer cakes, charm packs, jelly rolls and mini charms.  

25th and Pine by Basic Grey for Moda 
 Some of the stuff Vicki and I ordered at market a couple of weeks ago is starting to come in.  

These are "Petals" by Quilting Treasures.  The fat quarter bundles and jelly rolls are here. Yummy!    
"Petals" by Quilting Treasures:  jelly rolls and fat quarter bundles 



Donna D. stopped by yesterday to get her Secret Sister gift:  a cute figurine.  

Thank You, Donna's S/S.  She loved it!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments here: