Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Happy Birthday, America!


I love the 4th of July.  It's my favorite holiday of the year.  Aside from the obvious, it has great personal meaning to me.  Freedom.  

I love the 4th of July!  Let freedom ring! Happy Birthday, America.  

To help celebrate my favorite holiday, we received an "Eagle" die for the Go! cutter.  Just in time for that 4th of July project!  

"Eagle" die by AccuQuilt 

We also received two other specialty dies:  "Funky Flowers" and "Queen of Hearts".  

"Funky Flowers" and "Queen of Hearts" dies by AccuQuilt 
I have a fondness for Double Wedding ring quilts. We recently saw one at a flea market that was older than I am.  I talked myself out of buying it and now regret that decision......

If you've been thinking about making a Double Wedding ring quilt, we now have the Creative Grids templates to make that project a little easier.    



We finally received Creative Grids "Scrap Crazy 6" templates.  The books came in a couple of weeks ago (before the templates) but now, we have the whole family!   

Scrap Crazy 6" templates by Creative Grids 


You asked for it, you got it, Toyota!  O.k, it's not a new car but it does have curves!  

It's the "Curvy Log Cabin" template by Creative Grids. We also received two new patterns to use with it!  


Curvy Log Cabin template by Creative Grids 

"Sparklers" pattern using Creative Grids 6" templates 

"Hopscotch" pattern using the Curvy Log cabin template 



























































"Carousel" pattern using the Curvy Log Cabin template 

I love the colors in this pattern: "Twister Illusions" by Quilt Moments.  Love the colors, love the pattern, love Twister!  

Twister Illusions pattern by Quilt Moments 


I also love all things patriotic: mugs, shoes, clothes, fabric....anything!  I squealed like a little girl when I opened this box...left by the big brown truck!  

We now have five bolts of "Stars and Stripes II" by Northcott.  Just in time for that 4th of July project.   

Stars and Stripes II by Northcott:  flags, stars on medium blue and multi stars

Stars and Stripes II:  blue stars on white and stars on dark blue.  


I also love it when little ones bring in the stuff they've made. 

Miss Olivia brought in these place mats she made for
"Show and Tell".  She did a great job!  

Keep up the good work, Olivia!  We love them!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments here: