Search This Blog

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July!


1930's Playtime jelly rolls, layer cakes, charm packs and mini-charms.  I'm in LOVE!   



We received some really cool stuff in the shop the last couple of weeks.  The rest of the "1930's Playtime" pre-cuts came in (pictured above).  We now have all of the pre-cuts:  layer cakes, jelly rolls, charm packs, mini charms, fat quarter bundles and fat eighth bundles (the fat quarter bundles and fat eighth bundles are pictured on another post).  I love this entire fabric line. We're expecting the fabric on the bolt to arrive sometime this month.  I can't wait!  

The Moda "Marbles-Warm" layer cakes and charm packs finally arrived.  These were back ordered for months but are finally here.  We also received the "Marbles-Citrus" charm packs......same story....back ordered for months.....but finally here!  I see a bigger size "Cheater's Flying Geese" in the very near future.  


Moda Marbles-Warm layer cakes and charm packs!  
These are the mini-irons that came in last week (these are dry irons, not steam).  They would be great for camping or traveling.  We have them in four different colors...not just blue! 



Darice mini iron. We have four different colors of these, not just blue! 

I took pictures of all the new books that came in.  Some of the patterns use the Strip Tube Ruler or jelly rolls or layer cakes.  

I really like the "Layer Cake Recipe" book.  I promise, no food will be harmed in the making of any quilts from this book!   

We are now the proud owners of all three sizes of OmniGrid's "Fold Away". Sweetness gave me one for my birthday a couple of years ago and I love it. These are great if you don't have a big sewing area (like me).  Cut on one side, iron on the other.  It's great! 

I love it when a gadget gets tweaked.  Such is the case with the new size of "Twister".  The latest and greatest one is called "Midi", I guess because it's the middle child in the family of Twisters???    This one uses 6 1/2" squares.  Thank goodness Sweetness gave me a 6 1/2" square die for my Go! cutter as a birthday present....I'm not sure he knows he did ...but....he did!  Anyway, I can't wait to make something using the new size Twister.   

While making the pillowcases for the tornado victims in Oklahoma, I decided we needed different pins.  I really like Pat's Flower Head pins so I ordered some for the shop.  They're here.  I also ordered some "no melt" pins....you can iron over the heads without worrying about plastic goo melting and getting on your iron. I also ordered some "Fabric Grips".  These come in handy when using the 9 (or 10) Degree Wedge Ruler.  They're all here!  

After comparing prices for packaged "Warm and Natural" batting vs. on the roll, I decided to order three different sizes....on the roll.  It's so much cheaper than the same thing in a package. YIKES!  We now have three different widths:  34", 45" and 90".  
Three different widths of Warm and Natural batting.  

Sorry it's been so long since I posted anything.  With Sweetness doing his clinicals and my full time job, time just seems to slip away and another week has gone by.  I'll try to do better.  

Sweetness and I hope you have a great 4th of July.     

See you Saturday! 




more Strip Tube Ruler books from the Strip Tube Ruler lady!  

another STR book! 

this is a great book that uses layer cakes.  
This is the new size Twister.  It uses 6 1/2" squares. 

Bigger is always better!  
Two sizes of Omnigrid's "Fold Away".  Great for traveling, camping or small sewing areas.  

No sugar, flour or eggs.  Just great patterns for making quilts using layer cakes.  


Moda "Marbles-Citrus" charm packs 
Fabric Grips, Flower Head pins and "No Melt" flat button head pins. 












1 comment:

  1. Awesome!!!! Awesome!!!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!! You ROCK! Love your site. Always an adventure!!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments here: