Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Lisa Q's antique quilt

Lisa Q. emailed a picture of her antique quilt she has at The Powers Museum in Carthage.  Here's the write-up she included with the picture.  


  1. "The original quilt top was pieced around 1910 by Elizabeth Snyder of Polo, Illinois and it stayed in a camel back trunk for over 100 years.  Then the trunk was given to her grandson, Maurice Haney in 2011.  Since no one on Maurice's side of the house wanted the quilt top, my mother-in-law mentioned that I made quilts. So I inherited it from Maurice who is my father-in-law.  I added the borders, backing and binding and had it quilted earlier this year (2013).  So I guess you could say 102 years later this beautiful quilt is now finished and is owned and loved by me.
  2. I thoroughly enjoyed finishing this quilt, then after it was quilted I was amazed at its beauty.  It looked so plain until I found colors to make it pop.The quilting is also exquisite too."  

1 comment:

  1. Soooooo beautiful!! What a wonderful, wonderful job you did!! Just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments here: