Search This Blog

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Sweetness wanted a pillowcase (and a big surprise for P-Dub!)

When Juanita brought the 'sausage' pillowcase pattern in a couple of weeks ago, I fell in love with the simplicity of it.  Three seams later and you have a pillowcase.  After making the sample pillowcase for the shop, Sweetness said he'd like one too.  He picked out the fabric for the body, the cuff and the accent piece.  Guess what?  He chose Pheasant Hill fabrics  (bless his heart!). He wanted one of the navy prints for the body and the matching border stripe for the cuff.  He also picked out the accent piece.    

What neither of us knew was my friend Sandy was shipping my birthday present, which arrived yesterday (on our wedding anniversary).  Guess what?She made a bigger-than-king-size quilt using the "Double Slice Layer Cake" pattern and.......drum roll please..........Pheasant Hill layer cakes.  Holy cow! She even quilted it herself.  I accused them of being in cahoots with each other but both deny any 'consulting' took place!  Needless to say, I am over the moon with my birthday quilt.    

The quilt arrived before I got his pillowcase finished (but it didn't take very long to get it done!).  Now that we have this gorgeous quilt, I think more pillowcases are needed!  One is just not enough.  

Big hugs to Sandy.....I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the quilt.  




Sweetness' pillowcase on by birthday quilt from Sandy.  Gorgeous! 


Sweetness' pillowcase.  I flipped the back of the quilt up to show the beautiful butterfly backing.  
 
My birthday quilt from Sandy with Sweetness' pillowcase at the top.  















1 comment:

  1. Soooo glad you like it!! Oh wait...love it!!!! Happy Birthday!!! Love you!!!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments here: