Search This Blog

Monday, June 10, 2013

"Beddy Bye" flannel baby blanket

I recently made two flannel baby blankets. One was pretty simple the other  I made using the "Double Slice Layer Cake" technique.  

I used one layer cake of "Beddy Bye" (Ingrid Slyder for Moda) and put the matching blue dots for the backing of both quilts.    

This was the first flannel blanket I've made using this technique and I really like how it turned out.  I didn't know if this method would work using flannel but it really wasn't any different with cotton.  

I gave it to the little boy it was made for this past Friday.........precious baby Marcus.  I'll try to get a picture of him on the blanket(s) and post on the blog.  BTW:  Coleen F. did a spectacular job of taking these pictures. Thanks, Coco!   



"Double Slice Layer Cake" flannel baby blanket I recently made.  This is one layer cake (minus the pink prints)  of  "Beddy Bye" flannel  by Ingrid Slyder.  I used the dark blue dotted flannel on a lighter blue background for the backing. 

This is the front of the second flannel baby blanket.  The front are the blocks, the backing is the dark blue dots on  a light blue background,  the same as the first blanket.  



This is the backing used on both baby blankets.  Cheryl quilted "clouds" on both quilts.  

close-up of the quilting on both baby blankets.  


1 comment:

Please leave comments here: