Search This Blog

Thursday, January 3, 2013

And the Jelly rolls..........

I LOVE Garth Brooks.  L-O-V-E him.  He could sing the phone book and I'd buy a ticket.  I particularly like his song "And the Thunder Rolls.  My brain works in mysterious ways sometimes.  I was humming Garth's song to myself on the way home today when my brain jumped to jelly rolls and how they come already rolled up........thus the title of this posting..................I can see you rolling your eyes. 

As you know, I've cut the jelly roll strips in half to do the next 1600 Sandy's way.  I started sewing the pieces together and decided I don't have what it takes to MATCH THE ENDS TOGETHER ON A 45 DEGREE ANGLE nine bajillion times.  NO.  I've made the executive decision to butt the ends together and deal with it!  So I won't have cutesy diagonals in the quilt.  I can live with it.  I'd rather not have the diagonals than lose my mind trying make sure my 45 degree angles are spot on.  Thank goodness I didn't have very many put together when I had my melt down!!!  I cut those apart and put them in their own stack.  I'll introduce them into the quilt sporadically so they won't all be together. 

I'll try to post some pictures of the new fabric that came in....but don't hold your breath!  Apparently I've unchecked the necessary box to enable picture postings.  RATS.  I'll try to figure out how to un-do it. 

I'm finding I really like blogging.  I'm sure my enthusiasm will wane with time but for now, it's really fun learning how to do something new and that I can share with all of you.

Sweetness overextended himself.  We may not have the ceiling installed by Saturday but it's better than having the garage doors open and dealing with the elements......like last year!

Off I go to try to post some pictures,  wish me luck and don't forget to "comment".

See you Saturday,
P-Dub and Sweetness

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments here: