Search This Blog

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Mini Shop Hop in March

Cheryl at the Quilted Garden (in Aurora) and I had a meeting yesterday.  We're scheming and conniving about the next Shop Hop.  We haven't worked out all the details yet but know it will be March 15th and 16th (we figure you can make it to two shops in two days!). It will be a little different than the shop hop last October but will still be a lot of fun!  Cheryl and I are all about F-U-N!

I ordered some 1930's and reproductions fabric from Moda this week.  They should arrive tomorrow.  I'll post pictures when they get here.  The UPS man did bring some new quilt patterns today.  They are SO pretty! 

A new addition to the shop is another door.  The new door separates the shop from the 'man zone'.  We're thinking it should be painted to look like a quilt.  Pat suggested we spray some 505 Temporary Spray Adhesive on the door and plaster it with scraps of fabric.  That way, we can change it whenever we want to.  We haven't made an concrete decisions yet.......I still like the quilt idea.....

if you've made something and would like to have it posted on the blog, please email pictures of your project.  Wouldn't it be great to see what everyone else is working on?


I'm currently scratching my head over what project to start next.  I need to make something using the new jelly rolls that came in a couple of weeks ago.  Maybe with the Strip Tube Ruler....maybe using some of the Moda mini-charms???  I really need to make some samples of the blocks for the shop hop before I do anything else. 

Sweetness went back to school this week.  He's so glad to be in class instead of installing insulation and sheet rock.  He gets major brownie points for using most of his Christmas break getting the shop put together. 

Was it just last week that I was on vacation?  It seems like a lifetime ago!

See you Saturday,
P-Dub and Sweetness



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments here: