Search This Blog

Friday, January 11, 2013

"The Binding Tool" and the ceiling!

I've been on vacation this week from the j-o-b.  Sweetness and I have made great progress getting the shop in ship shape.  He'll be so glad to go back to school next week! 

The ceiling was completed as of 10:30 p.m. Wednesday night.  No more hovering around the stove to keep from freezing!  I have a whole new appreciation for people who hang sheet rock for a living.  Good grief. 

Being home this week, I've spent entirely too much time on the internet.  I watched a video on You Tube that changed my life.  Forever.  The lady was using something called "The Binding Tool".  She also used a gizmo called "The Binding Ruler" to make the binding.  Using The Ruler you can make 280" of binding from half a yard of fabric.  That seems too good to be true.  I don't know about you but I HATE to put binding on quilts.  Just hate it. 

I ordered a bunch of "The Binding Tools" and a couple of the rulers.  I'm very excited to use The Binding Tool on my latest project:  I finished my third Jelly Roll 1600 this week.  I cut all the strips in half and cut the first strip in half again so the seams wouldn't stack on top of each other.  I also decided to butt the ends together instead of on a 45 degree angle.  This made the quilt a little wider (49").  YIPEE! 

The UPS man also brought some yummy new Moda jelly rolls:  darks, brights, marbles, pastels. 

gotta go help Sweetness in the shop,

see you Saturday!
P-Dub



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments here: