Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Sweetness Strikes again!

Sweetness will be so glad to go back to school!  So far he's put two coats of paint on the shop door, built "the wall" and erected it, installed insulation and sheet rock in the entire shop, installed the heating stove and is currently putting in the ceiling.  I am truly blessed. 

I was off yesterday so I got out the Log Cabin die Santa Claus (Sweetness) brought.  After much thought about which fabrics to use, I got started.  I decided to cut some strips for future projects, not necesarily a Log Cabin quilt.  I'm in LOVE with this die.  L-O-V-E it.  I measured each 'log' and wrote the dimensions on them with a thin black magic marker.  After cutting for awhile I decided to switch gears and start another Jelly Roll 1600 quilt.  I'm all about instant gratification!  ALL ABOUT IT! 

I snagged one of the new jelly rolls we received last week (Moda's Cherry on Top) and started cutting.....each strip in half.......yes, in half.  I'm going to do this one Sandy's way and see how it turns out.  Cross your fingers. 

We haven't seen the Fed Ex guy in awhile but he did make an appearance this week......drum roll please.....he brought 8 bolts of fabric. YIPPEE!  I guess Sweetness will need to schedule time to cut some fat quarters when he gets finished with the ceiling!
Now that I've figured out how to navigate the blog, you can make a comment without being a Google account holder.  I 'unchecked' that box so anyone can comment.  Feel free. 

I will post things through the week as I can so please, check back often.

See you Saturday,
P-Dub and Sweetness





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments here: